Here's a picture of a booming Southside Plaza in the late 1960s. Southside Plaza originally opened in 1957, just a year after Richmond's first suburban shopping center, Willow Lawn. It's had ups and downs over the years, including the loss of a lot of business to nearby Cloverleaf Mall when it opened in 1972. However, Southside Plaza still thrives today, and has even outlasted Cloverleaf Mall, which has closed, and will be demolished this Spring/Summer.
Click the photo below for the high resolution image.