"Second Market Station House was located on 6th and Marshall Streets in Richmond, VA. It opened around 1817 and was sometimes referred to as the New Market. It eventually became the 6th Street Market. During the 19th century there was a jail located in the market facility. A brick building between Marshall and Clay Streets held butchers, and a shed structure between Clay and Leigh held vegetable sellers. In the main brick buildings at both First and Second Markets, the City had police stations on the upper floor with a lock-up."
Click the photo below for the high resolution image.
Photo courtesy of The Library of Congress