Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

The Grass Roots at The Mosque - 1970

The Grass Roots are known for hits like Let's Live for Today, Midnight Confessions, Temptation Eyes, Sooner or Later & I'd Wait a Million Years. Recently, some know them because one of their founding members/songwriters/guitarists/vocalists was Creed Bratton, who plays a fictitional version of himself on NBC's sitcom The Office. You can see him in the video below (not from The Mosque) with the striped shirt:



When The Grass Roots played Richmond 41 years ago today Creed had recently left the group to pursue his acting career, although he still performs and records as a solo artist.

Image courtesy of the University of Richmond's Boatwright Library/Digital Initiatives

1 comment:

  1. I was there. I remember that show..now I know where I was in 1970.

    ReplyDelete