Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

2200 East Broad Street, Church Hill - Before and after

This has to be one of my favorite pictures that I've come across while doing this blog. This is the side of what I guess was a market at 2200 East Broad St in Church hill, circa 1966. Was this a market back then? Because it's a residence now. The full before and after shot is below. First up is a cropped version, centering on the signs and the two men sitting on the brick wall. LOVE this shot. Click the photo below for the high resolution image.


Next up is the full before and after version. While I like that this building has survived and looks fantastic today, I have to admit I miss the cool signs on the side of the building. Click the photo below for the high resolution image.

1966 photo courtesy of VCU Libraries

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. And I took a picture of a very similar Dr. Pepper advertisement this weekend in Gordonsville: http://instagr.am/p/LLlWQuGLiN/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would REALLY be cool if the advertisements were repainted on the building.

    ReplyDelete